Ha Sefako, Butha Buthe, Lesotho
I graduated from Penn State and currently live in Lesotho, Southern Africa as I serve in the Peace Corps!

My Lesotho Videos

Friday, November 14, 2008

And I'm back in Johannesburg...

All 19 of us met in the lobby of our hotel at 4:00 this morning.  My roommate decided to go for a run or something around 2 and I rolled over before he had a chance to have a conversation!  Things went really smoothly at the airport and we were all so excited to get to Lesotho.  When we walked onto the actual runway to get on our plane, I was shocked to see that it only held about 3o people.  It was so small and we weren't sure if it would hold all of our luggage - especially mine!  Our flight was only supposed to take an hour.  Right around the one hour mark, the pilot came on and told us that the weather was bad, we couldn't land, and that we were going back to Johannesburg.  We all looked out our window and agreed that although there were tons of huge, white, fluffy clouds, there was no bad weather!  After waiting about 5 hours in the airport for the next flight, they cancelled it!  Anyway, I'm back in the Southern Sun hotel and am going to take full advantage of the shower, buffet, and bed.  I thought about going to the gym and even put gym clothes on, but I fell asleep for a few hours!

We're trying our flight again tomorrow at 7AM and if the clouds are still too big, the Peace Corps is going to bus us into Lesotho.  I have my fingers crossed that we don't have to take a 5 hour bus ride!

Hope everyone is doing well!  Miss you!!!  Hopefully the next time I talk to you I'll be in Lesotho!


3 comments:

Maria said...

if you come back with a goat on your hand again, I dont know if we can be friends again.
miss you! :)
<3

Tara Lang said...

haha a nap sounds much better than the gym. good choice!!

Kristalyn Preziosi said...

Mike!! I miss you already, but I am so unbelievably happy that you are updating your blog! Your hotel sounds amazing! I loved the comment about the shower silhouette, lol-that's great! It also sounds like you are getting a chance to do my favorite thing...sleep, lol! Also, you know I would have made the same choice...put on my gym clothes and take a nap, haha! I hope your flight works out this time and I can't wait to read more! Love you

<3 Ninny